The Registration for Youth Rec will be open beginning May 1.
Our Recreational Team is a 6 – 8-week program dedicated to athletes who want to train and learn different techniques and skills to enhance their climbing ability. Your child will learn the various names of climbing techniques and movements while being part of a learning environment where they can improve their climbing skills and have fun. This team provides a foundation for children to move to our Development team (Coming Soon). During a typical lesson, there will be 10 – 15 minutes of a coach’s instruction and explanation on specific techniques.
· Communication skills
· Teamwork skills (your success is linked to your teams success)
· Personal Growth and Development (goal setting)
· Climbing skills
The objective is to focus on learning the basics of climbing and to develop a passion for this unique sport through climbing-related games and activities. There are no drop ins for this program.
The objective is to build upon basic climbing skills, develop and practice techniques, and challenge team members to become better climbers. There are no drop-ins for this program.
If your child is unable to get a spot in the program, we do have a waitlist available. Should a spot open up, or additional spaces be available in the class we will notify those on the waitlist in the order your child was placed on the waitlist.
- Where space permits, late enrollments will be allowed at a prorated rate.
- If enrollment is low, some programs may be amalgamated.
Perks and notes
Parents of youth enrolled in development and recreational teams are provided free access to yoga and fitness studio use while class is in session.
- Equipment is included only during class time.
- All participants will still require “Active” Supervision during visits outside of class time. Parents are encouraged to sit in during class times and learn how to supervise their children. We will also be providing a safety handout for parents.
- Youth currently participating in Youth Recreational or Development team can receive 25% off our regular priced climbing shoes (Limit of 1 pair per calendar year)
We hope to see you soon!