| Dear Friends,|
As a community we need to slow down the rate at which people get sick so we don’t overburden our health care system. Please consider additional actions to reduce your participation in high density social situations levels in the near future.Although there are no known cases of the Covid19 virus spreading throughout our community, we have decided to close both Hub Climbing gyms beginning Saturday March 14, until further notice.
Our community is the heart of who we are and the well-being of our members, guests, and staff and their families are at the top of our minds.Members:
Prepaid (Annuals and 1-month) and month-to-month members (EFT) will have their expiry dates extended by the number of days the gyms remains closed. There will be no freeze-fees incurred while the gym is closed. Other programs and events. This is an incredibly scary time for small businesses too, so our default is to credit you. However if your financial situation requires full repayment just let us know, we will accommodate you. Adult and Youth Programs (including belay and lead lessons) All classes are postponed until further notice. Accounts will be credited corresponding to the lost sessions. Yoga: Postponed until further notice. March Break Day Camp: Camp is cancelled. Customers will be credited for payments received, which can be used for services once we re-open.
Other Events: All bookings for school groups, birthday parties, and other events are cancelled until further notice. Customers will be credited for payments received, which can be used for services once we re-open.
We know the strength of the Hub Climbing community will carry us through this challenge and thank you for your patience and support. We look forward to be able to see you again as soon as possible.Sincerely,
Hub Climbing March 13 2020
Kids Birthday party places in Oakville and Mississauga 2020
For children from 4 to 12 years of age updated for 2020
Our climbers and their kids do about every other sport imaginable and enjoy so many other venues that we feel its a good service to attempt to share some of the cool stuff we’ve seen around Oakville and Mississauga! If you are interested in a rock climbing birthday party, we have lots of information on that too, here! Below is our list of kids birthday party places for 2020.
Mississauga and Oakville offer many birthday party places but sometimes it’s tricky to find memorable party ideas for older kids. To help you select the perfect place we’ve listed a few ideas below.
Trampoline Birthday Party Places
- Staff take care of your kids and your guests have time to relax
- Generally are stress free parties
- Kids jump around in different themed areas such as foam pits and trampolines and get to be kids
- All the mess is taken care of by staff
- Digital party invitations are usually included at no extra cost.
- Mississauga Examples: Sky Zone,and in Oakville: Aerosports
Indoor Archery Parties
- This place offers a Huge Nerf wall (biggest in the country!) for kids and adults parties. In Mississauga, Battle Archery fits the bill nicely!
Arts and Crafts themed Parties
- Children create art projects whether it is pottery or art.
- Best of all kids can take the project home when complete!
- Local offerings include Lolipop Lounge (Oakville) (includes studio), Crock a Doodle, iCreate art studio, Visual Arts Mississauga (Redwood)
- Here’s your chance to experience skydiving without having to fall out of a plane! Oakville’s iFly includes private party rooms.
- Kids love rock climbing!
- Almost every child can do it as no separate skill or strength is required.
- DO request a separate kid’s area with climbing routes designed just for those little ones with a shorter reach.
- DO ask for roped climbing, where your harness is secured by rope to an anchor point.
- DO ask for large rooms and comfortable space for your guests.
- Ask if the facility allows you to bring your own food or only allows you to eat the food they serve on site.
- If you haven’t already been to one, ask us or click here to learn more about Hub Climbing’s fun birthday parties here.
Looking for new stickers?
If you haven’t seen the new holographic stickers from Stickermule, you have to check them out here: https://www.stickermule.com/products/holographic-stickers
We picked up an order to test out the new logos we requested for the Markham and Mississauga climbing gyms. We are excited to hear what everyone thinks of them.
They make the logo come to life and shimmer under different lighting. These would be cool to put on outdoor gear. They are kind of a reflector built in to the sticker so they are useful to hikers and climbers, just beyond aesthetics.
I snapped a quick pic They are made with super strong material though and won’t rip very easily like some stickers we’ve picked up in the past. The quality is very high.
Thanks for coming out to the Hub Climbing Mississauga Reel Rock 14 screening! It was a big event on the top of the climbing gym’s mezzanine and thanks to you went off great!
Bouldering Traverse wall – advanced level climbing challenge. Check back on Monday we’ll make the traverse to beginner-intermediate level as this one was pretty difficult!Guest setters helping out with the OCF Training Camp
@alexandermegos @dcroutesetting @lucasuchida
Hub Climbing Mississauga serving Oakville, Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto areas
Bouldering League is ON! This is a great opportunity to learn to climb with friends of all experience levels.
This bouldering league rewards you for your progress so sign up now!! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
We’re turning 5!!
5 years of Climbing in Markham.
To celebrate our 5th year, we are having a 2-day party with an outdoor BBQ, climbing related vendors, a bouldering competition, an augmented reality wall tournament, and so much more!
& of course…
AMAZING membership perks you don’t want to miss!
Thurs. June 20 & Fri. June 21 5pm-11pm Hub Markham, 165 McIntosh Dr.