Thanks for coming out to the Hub Climbing Mississauga Reel Rock 14 screening! It was a big event on the top of the climbing gym’s mezzanine and thanks to you went off great!
Bouldering Traverse wall – advanced level climbing challenge. Check back on Monday we’ll make the traverse to beginner-intermediate level as this one was pretty difficult!Guest setters helping out with the OCF Training Camp
@alexandermegos @dcroutesetting @lucasuchida
Hub Climbing Mississauga serving Oakville, Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto areas
Bouldering League is ON! This is a great opportunity to learn to climb with friends of all experience levels.
This bouldering league rewards you for your progress so sign up now!! Email email@example.com to register
We’re turning 5!!
5 years of Climbing in Markham.
To celebrate our 5th year, we are having a 2-day party with an outdoor BBQ, climbing related vendors, a bouldering competition, an augmented reality wall tournament, and so much more!
& of course…
AMAZING membership perks you don’t want to miss!
Thurs. June 20 & Fri. June 21 5pm-11pm Hub Markham, 165 McIntosh Dr.
On June 2 we enjoyed the first ever MEC X HUB Climbing Invitational! Our community came out to watch Hub selected climbers send hard on the in-store bouldering wall, shop for some new gear at 10% off almost everything in-store, enjoy some drinks, and have a great time! Check out events.mec.ca/node/259871 for more details
OCF (Ontario Climbing Federation) content below:
In order to meet the CEC’s new eligibility criteria for Speed Nationals, the OCF Speed/AGM Event that was planned for May 11th will now serve as the official qualifier for Ontario athletes who want to compete in Speed at Nationals.
All members are more than welcome to participate regardless of whether you are seeking a qualification for Speed Nationals or not.
OCF Speed/AGM EventDate: Saturday May 11, 2019
Cost: $25.00 (includes a day pass to Hub Climbing Mississauga)
Location: Hub Climbing, 3636 Hawkestone Rd Unit 1, Mississauga
Please register here
- 9:15 am – Check-in
- 10:00 am – Climbing starts (Open/Jr/A/B categories)
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm OCF Annual General Meeting
- 2:30 pm – Climbing (C category)
- 4:00 pm – Event wrap up
Final Running Orders and Schedule will be posted after the close of registration.
Registration will be open until Sunday, April 28th at 11:59 pm.
Important information for those seeking to qualify for Speed Nationals:
- Open athletes: there are no quotas in place for open categories; however open athletes must attend the event in order to qualify for Speed Nationals.
- Youth athletes: the OCF has been given a quota of 8 athletes per age/gender category. We will fill this quota with the top eight athletes in each category (who are interested in attending Nationals) based on the results of this event. It is important that athletes identify whether they wish to be considered for Speed Nationals so that we choose our roster only from those who plan to attend Nationals if selected.
- Open athletes who have competed internationally within the previous 20 months (Pan Am Championships, World Cup) are automatically qualified for Speed Nationals and are exempt from the above requirements.
- Athletes who are eligible for a Special Invitation (see CEC post dated April 17th) must apply directly to the CEC by the deadline of April 30th.
- For more information on the CEC’s new provincial quotas and qualifying requirements policy, please see the CEC post dated March 27th
- Note: We have secured an extension of the CEC Speed National registration deadline for Ontario athletes until after the May 11th event