Rock climbing is fun for kids and a great camp experience!
Campers will experience climbing, team building, games and crafts. Climbing will consist of top rope, autobelays and bouldering. Campers will work on progressing their climbing while having fun and using proper technique. Older campers will focus on technique and different problems. Younger, less experienced campers will focus more on having fun and being safe while climbing. Supervision at a 1:5 ratio. Campers will spend anywhere from 2-3 hours climbing in the day.
Full Day of Camp
$350 for the week
- 9am-4pm, early drop off 8:30am, late pick up 6:00pm**
- In addition to the climbing the day will consist of games, crafts, movies and climbing related activities. Games will be played in the party room or in specific sections of the gym. All games will cater to the age group and be fun and active.
Early & Late Pick up
$15+HST – Single day
$50+HST – Full week
Regular days – 9 AM – 4 PM
Early & Late – 8:30 AM – 6 PM
Lunch Time: 12pm-1pm is lunch time, campers bring their own lunch and a snack. A few snacks are on sale here. For drinks, campers can use water fountains or purchase juice or Gatorade.
**Early drop-off, late pick-up and cancellation fees:
We schedule our staff for the camp period and will need to ensure that we will have the staff available to supervise your child before or after camp hours.
If you are interested in early drop off and/or late pickup, please select that option when booking online. Early drop off is at 8:30am and late pick-up any time before 6pm. The fees are $15/day or $50/week
Please let us know 24 hours in advance if early drop off is needed.
* All prices exclude HST
If you cancel a session with at least 48 hours notice you will receive a refund of the amount paid, minus the administrative fee ($15+ HST)
Climbing based activities (on the wall) include:
Word Scramble, minesweeper, Rock paper scissor climb, and more!
High Physical Activities include:
Team based games, dodgeball, obstacle course, and more!
Quiet Time Activities include:
Arts and crafts, board games, card games, movies, and more!
AR Cave (Augmented Reality Climbing Wall)
Campers will enjoy the climbing games that campers can enjoy and feel like they are in the future.
Weather permitting, outdoor activities are typically at the nearby park, enjoying games in the field and playground.
If campers enjoyed their time and want to develop more on their skills and technique we offer our Recreational team for all young climbers. For more detail click here
Health and Safety Protocols
- Our Health and Safety protocols closely follow the Ministry of Health COVID-19 Guidelines: Summer Day Camps Version 3
- Ratios between Camp Counselor and Campers will vary based on age
- Siblings will be kept together.
- Shared surfaces will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Each camper will be given their own assigned space 6 ft apart for storing their personal belongings and seating.
- When eating they will be in their assigned space. If weather permits lunch and snack time may be eaten outside instead of inside the facility.
- Each camper will be given their own crafts kit for the week (At the end of the week, craft kits must be returned, however, artwork can be taken home!). If parents prefer bringing in their own craft kits, they are welcome to do so. Please let us know.
- If there is an outbreak or a close contact case of Covid, Hub has created a Health and Safety Protocol on next steps.
Personal Protective Equipment/ Face Mask
- Face masks are required at all times. Even when climbing wearing a face mask will be required.
- Face mask must have at least 2 layers of fabric or be a medical mask.
- Buffs, face masks with exhalation valves, only Face shield or single-layer mask are not permitted in our facility.
- Shared surfaces will be sanitized before and after use.
- Staff at the front desk will be frequently sanitizing commonly used areas. (Doors, water fountains, washroom, handles, front desk table, etc)
- Hand sanitizer is readily available around the facility, campers are required to frequently wash or sanitize their hands.
- Hand washing is especially important before eating or drinking.
- Camp counselors will encourage campers to avoid touching their faces. If a camper touches their face, they must wash/sanitize their hands before continuing their activity.
- 14 days notice required if you would like to receive a full refund.
- If less than 14 days you will receive Full store credit.
- For cancellation partway through the week, you will receive store credit valued at 50% of the remaining days of the week.
If we have to cancel camp due to COVID, payment will be 100% refunded
Activities that are likely to result in individuals coming within 2 meters of each other are not permitted; no contact permitted for a team or individual sports.
We believe that your child should learn new things, meet new people, and best of all – forge friendships. Camp should be safe and run by trained counselors. Camp should also be fun and give many opportunities for YOUR child’s personal growth. Here is how Hub Climbing camp can provide meaningful experiences and expand your child’s horizons.
Hub provides a mix of activities so that learning comes naturally. We do more than climbing for our campers. We have arts and crafts, yoga, fitness games, outdoor games and, weather permitting, forest walks.
We strive to create a social environment that is caring and supportive where campers feel they can take risks, make new friends and try new things. At Hub Climbing, most of our campers are totally new climbers who come from a variety of backgrounds.
Multisensory Skill Building:
Climbing is both a cognitive and physical activity. The climbing challenges are designed to require a mix of athletic movement and delicate balance to complete.
Resilience and Overcoming Challenge:
Challenges always require conquering oneself. Your child will set personal goals, learn perseverance, explore and reflect on their successes and next steps. Talent is easy. Practice and trying is hard work. We will show youth, and adults too, that hard work can and should be fun. Remember, climbing is not about “heights” but about balance, goal setting, perseverance and of course brains and fitness.
Climbers will confront various challenges simultaneously. Participants leave the ground taking on short but tricky climbing challenges using their balance, technique, strength, and problem-solving skills. Their fear factor can be present as well. A climbing challenge can be as low as inches of the ground and still be very challenging to complete.
Trained Camp Counsellors:
Many of our coaches and camp program planners are certified teachers and/or teacher candidates and ECEs. More than that, our trained counselors share a love for the sport and the culture of co-operation. Your child will have experienced leadership from educators who love what they do. The counselors and teachers will set the tone for fun and excitement.
Our camp staff are trained in safety regulations, emergency procedures and communication, behavior management techniques, appropriate staff and camper behavior, and specific procedures for supervision.
Supervision & Behavioural management:
We believe in positive reinforcement, assertive role modeling and a sense of fair play. Camp takes place with a ratio of no more than 5 campers per counselor. Rules are necessary for any organization to maintain the safety and enjoyment of all participants. We use a progressive disciplinary approach where expectations are clearly stated at the beginning of each activity.
Come in and see us in action. Email us and set up a tour. There are also dozens of reviews online about our facility that will help you learn more about our unique organization and vision.
We look forward to seeing you at Hub Climbing this upcoming camp season!
Your friends @ Hub Climbing
Q: Who can pick up my kids from camp
A: The person needs to be 18 years of age or older
The person needs to be pre-assigned by the parents or guardians on drop-off. The person picking up the child should bring proper ID.
Q: What if my child has special needs, can they participate?
A: We require that all participants are able to function in a 1 staff to 5 participants ratio, without constant prompts on behaviour.
A: Must be able to handle large group settings
A: Must be able to stay with the group for an hour session.
If these can not be met a personal worker must be provided by the family, HUB is not responsible for finding or financially supporting this worker.
Q: What if my child has severe allergies?
A: Please let us know of these allergies in advance. You will be provided with an Athlete’s Participation Form which covers medical concerns (allergies, epilepsy, etc.), past injuries, health and behavioural concerns, and any medication needed. Please let us know of these allergies in advance, in writing so we can best support your child during our program
A: All of our staff are trained in First Aid and CPR C. This course helps staff identify early stages of allergic reactions to better support your child
Q: What if my kids are too scared to try it and I have already paid?
A: We will do our best to support your child in climbing and feeling comfortable. There are additional activities for your child to do as well, such as arts and crafts, activities that do not involve climbing.
A: If your child is too scared to try and does not like the experience then we can issue a refund for the remaining classes.
Q: What if I have a family emergency or I need to cancel?
A: If you cancel a session with 48 or more hours notice you will receive a refund of the amount paid, minus the administrative fee ($15+ HST). With less than 48 hours notice there is no refund.
Q: What if I am running late for drop off/pick up?
A: The program will start on time. It is not fair to all of the participants that were on time to make them wait. Once you have arrived your child can join in. We have a grace period of 15 min, anything after that or if it continues to happen on a consistent basis you will be billed for after-hours care at the going rate of $15/day.
Q: Do I have to register for the program?
A: Yes. This program is staffed according to registrations. Please call or email if you need help with registration! We need to ensure there are available spots for the day or week you are looking to come in. We cannot guarantee walk in spots.
Q: What if my child does not want to do the activities lined up for that day?
A: The program is laid out to try several of the different types of climbing that HUB has to offer. If your child does not want to participate in that activity, we can work with you to find out what program or activity HUB has to best support your child's needs.
Q: We like the sport but can not financially support having a membership or paying for programs
A: Our staff will do our best to walk you through our pricing to help support you make a decision that is in your families best interest